Leadership and management
Leadership development is at the core of the Tollgate Teaching School Alliance offer. Within the alliance there are 6 or more outstanding schools including the following: Tollgate Primary School, St. Stephens Primary School, St Stephens Nursery and Children’s Centre, Selwyn Primary School, Davies Lane Primary School, Upton Cross Primary School and Curwen Primary School. We have National Leaders of Education (NLEs), Local Leaders of Education (LLEs) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs). We can offer a range of support for leadership development through:
- Bespoke middle leadership development. The programme will focus on developing procedures, protocols, subject leader files and accountability processes, which will enable the supported middle leader to reflect on their effectiveness as leaders and plan strategies to use within their school. A reflective log will enable the middle leader to evaluate their own development as a leader. The outcome will be leaders focused on improving teaching and learning and closing the achievement gap. To book support for middle leaders please complete ‘Request for Support’ form and return to Caroline Stone at email@example.com
- We offer the NPQML and NPQSL courses:
What is NPQML?
The National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) is a modular leadership programme for middle leaders in schools. It is level 1 of The Leadership Curriculum.
Who is NPQML for?
- School leaders who are leading a team
- Established/experienced middle leaders looking to develop their leadership skills
- Individuals who have recently taken on a middle leadership role or a new responsibility
- Individuals seeking promotion to a middle leadership role
How is the NPQML delivered?
- The NPQML with Anglia Ruskin Leadership Development Alliance incorporates face-to-face events, WebEx meetings, facilitated online engagement and self-directed learning
- Face-to-face events are delivered at Tollgate Teaching School.
What is the content of NPQML?
- Participants complete 3 modules
If you have successfully completed MLDP you are exempt from the elective module.
What is NPQSL?
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) is a modular leadership programme for senior leaders in schools. It is level 2 of The Leadership Curriculum.
Who is NPQSL for?
- School leaders who are leading beyond a team
- School leaders with senior leadership responsibilities and accountabilities
- Managers and leaders currently working outside of education, looking to move into a school or education senior leadership role
How is the NPQSL delivered?
- The NPQSL with Anglia Ruskin Leadership Development Alliance incorporates face-to-face events, WebEx meetings, facilitated online engagement and self-directed learning.
- Face-to-face training will be delivered at Tollgate Teaching School.
What is the content of NPQSL?
- Participants complete 4 modules.
Participants who have completed Leadership Pathways (LP) within the last 3 years are only required to study 1 elective module.