Devonshire Hill Nursery and Primary School
Phone: 020 8808 2053
Key areas of expertise:
I have worked with the leadership to develop and implement whole school polices and other significant curriculum changes across the school.
As Maths Subject Leader for the past 10 years I have led a variety of whole school approaches to enable staff to keep abreast with the developments of this subject nationally.
I have worked with the SLT in triangulation meetings (involving data, lesson observations, book scrutinies) to monitor the quality of teaching and learning across the school in an effort to raise attainment/outcomes of all children across the school and to narrow the gaps within the school as well as nationally.
Over the years I have planned and delivered CPD training to staff resulting in sustainable improvements in mental maths, target setting and effective marking and feedback. I have planned and delivered CPDs in my school and externally to help staff to meet the challenges of the New Mathematics Curriculum.
I have a wealth of experience in supporting student teachers (GTPs & RTPs), NQTs and TeachFirst thus enabling them to become very effective classroom practitioners and middle leaders.
I have worked across EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3.
I hold the current title of Teacher of The Year in a Primary School 2013.
- Working with SLT to implement whole school development/policies
- Communicating, challenging and promoting the ethos of the school
- Using data to raise standards and outcomes for all children
- Leading CPD and developing classroom practice
- Ability to inspire, motivate and empower staff to improve their practice and outcomes for children
- Working with the wider community
- Performance Management of staff