Rosetta Primary School
Key areas of expertise:
I have taught in various settings including small rural schools in northern England, inner city schools in London and abroad in a British curriculum international school. My current school, Rosetta Primary in Newham, is often perceived as a challenging school, but one in which I have a track record of outstanding teaching in Year 6, not only achieving some of the best SATs results in our school’s history, but also a very high percentage of Level 5s in Mathematics and success with underperforming white British pupils in writing and reading. I am currently Acting Assistant Head for Key Stage 1 and Foundation Stage, teaching in Year 2 and subject leader for Mathematics. At Rosetta I introduced and embedded SEAL across the school and whilst abroad, I spent two years as subject leader for English. I completed a PGCE specialising in MFL (German) and spent part of my teacher training at a German speaking primary school.
My strengths include:
- motivating and inspiring teaching
- modelling all aspects of classroom and behaviour management and being a consistent and dedicated team player.
- an excellent communicator
- role model by having the highest professional standards.
- approachable, accessible and supportive to all of my colleagues,
- ability to use data to successfully target students and raise standards,
- using outstanding diagnostic marking as a dialogue with pupils in order to assess and accelerate their progress
- using differentiation successfully and simply to personalise learning for individual pupils.
- secure knowledge of whole school progression, having experience across all primary phases and year groups.