Carpenters Primary School
Phone:020 8534 4759
Key areas of expertise:
My key areas of expertise are around assessment, closing the gap, maths and phonics , including:
- Analysis of data and key groups;
- Raising standards across the school;
- Developing rigorous tracking and assessment procedures to monitor attainment and progress
- Developing and implementing whole school initiatives across the school; including leading CPD, workshops and twilights;
- Supporting and coaching teachers in improving their teaching, planning and assessment procedures
- Developing clear policies and procedures around attainment and progress;
- Empowering middle and senior leaders
I have worked in Newham for over 11 years and I have supported a number of schools across the borough. I believe in empowering teachers with the confidence and knowledge to take ownership of raising standards. I am passionate that all teachers should be entitled to targeted support and professional development and I believe in motivating and supporting staff using coaching techniques, in raising standards and achievement, while challenging teachers to continue to ensure children have their curriculum entitlement.
I am an outstanding teacher and have taught effectively and with good results in KS1 and KS2. I am committed to being an excellent role model for all staff and have demonstrated this by sharing practice with my colleagues through peer observations, planning sessions, team teaching and leading CPD. Through this I am able to provide a clear model of teaching and learning to support staff in raising achievement.
I believe that I have the experience and skills, as well as the positive and forward thinking approach that an effective SLE needs, in order to support other schools in their continual drive for improvement.